cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash STM using 1 USB - STM32H755

isaacjack
Associate II

Hi there, 

I am working on a project using the STM32H755 zi that has 1 USBC port, can we use the same port for uploading the code, UART Communication and powering the device instead of using ST-LINK? Or is there any way to use ST-LINK for communication? 

Thanks for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could use the ST-LINK VCP to communicate with loader code on the H755, and upload firmware via a terminal supporting X/Y-MODEM. Perhaps look for some of the STM32 IAP examples.

Not sure it's connected to the UART supported by the System Loader, see AN2606 / AN3155

Otherwise you might try the other USB connection

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You could use the ST-LINK VCP to communicate with loader code on the H755, and upload firmware via a terminal supporting X/Y-MODEM. Perhaps look for some of the STM32 IAP examples.

Not sure it's connected to the UART supported by the System Loader, see AN2606 / AN3155

Otherwise you might try the other USB connection

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @isaacjack 

If you need a Flash disk to upgrade your device, you can refer to AN3354 as an example.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.