cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDCAN Bootloader for STM32G0B

Pooja321
Associate II

I did not find any solution of Bootloader for CAN2.0A or CAN2.0B with SMT32.

Currently i am using below part no.

MCU-'STM32G0B1CCT6'

CAN IC-'ISO1044BD'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry I wasn't very attentive.

Meanwhile, he didn't mention the usage of CubeProgrammer. Moreover he is planning to use CAN2.0A or CAN2.0B which is not available even on STM32G0B1 devices (see AN5405).

Regarding the support of FDCAN on CubeProgrammer, see this thread.

Seems there will be a support of FDCAN bootloader on CubeProgrammer. But I don't have a visibility of the plan.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

According to the application note AN2606 STM32G0B0 devices does not support CAN bootloader. You need to develop your own bootloader.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The questinon was for the STM32G0B1! There is a FDCAN bootloader in the boot rom of the STM32G0B1 series. You have to connect the CAN-Bus driver to PD0 and PD1. But ST don't have any meaning to used the FDCAN booloader (STM32CubePorgrammer has non FDCAN support). You have to make Your one application to program the MCU via FDCAN.

Sorry I wasn't very attentive.

Meanwhile, he didn't mention the usage of CubeProgrammer. Moreover he is planning to use CAN2.0A or CAN2.0B which is not available even on STM32G0B1 devices (see AN5405).

Regarding the support of FDCAN on CubeProgrammer, see this thread.

Seems there will be a support of FDCAN bootloader on CubeProgrammer. But I don't have a visibility of the plan.

Hello ,

Thanks for this information.

If any solution of Bootloader for CAN2.0A or CAN2.0B  with SMT32 please provide me.

Which stm32 device?

any stm32 device.

also gives some devices name in which this bootloader available.

This information is available in these application notes:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an2606-stm32-microcontroller-system-memory-boot-mode-stmicroelectronics.pdf  Table 3. Embedded bootloaders

and

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an3154-can-protocol-used-in-the-stm32-bootloader-stmicroelectronics.pdf