cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STM32G07 have bit banding?

Mr_M_from_G
Senior II

On this site:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/arm-32-bit-microcontrollers/arm-cortex-m0-plus.html

it says that STM32G0 have bit banding, other sites state that Cortex M0 and M0+ don't have bit banding, also I can't find a define of SRAM_BB_BASE and PERIPH_BB_BASE.

So my question is, is bit banding available on G0 and what are the missing values? Is it always an offset of 0x2000000 no matter which core or implementation?

Thanks a lot

Martin

3 REPLIES 3

> is bit banding available on G0

No.

What you see on that webpage is IMO simply a copy/paste error.

JW

Hi Jan,
as I know you as a relyable source of information I believe your answer. Still I want to ask if you have any official source. The page I gave is for all STM32 Cortex M0+ and names several STM32 families. How about the other ones. In case the line „bit banding implementation“ under the head line „Key features of Arm® Cortex®-M0+ core“ is just copied there and plain wrong then someone did a really bad job a it is a question in which ST information we can still believe. Would be great if some ST member left a note in this discussion.
Thanks
Martin
One more note on this:
If on the given page you switch to Cortex M0 on the left hand side then this one also says bit banding would be available for STM32F0 family. While on the pages for M3, M4 and M33 the same line is not there, so someone must have set this there especially for ST’s Cortex M0 and M0+. I am really curious what this is all about.
Martin