cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

currently having microcontroller STM32F103ZET6 in design, as it has high lead time, can you suggest any part equivalent and should be available in volume with less lead time.

SMani.2
Associate II

The lead time shall be say 10-12 weeks time. need to have quad 144 pin package.

6 REPLIES 6
Javier1
Principal

You know your application bettter than anyone.

Understanding STM32 mcu's naming convention will help.

Do you need the entire 512kb flash? if not you could use chips with less flash stm32f103z?t6

Do you need full pin compatibility?if not check out other family mcu's with the same footprint

Can you use another simillar MCU from the same f1xx family?

How much time can you put into porting the code? Do you have access to the source code?

Did you explored equivalent chips from other manufacturers?

I would use STM32CubeMx chip selector to check good replacement candidates.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

But do not expect other MCU to have better availability!

256Kb is the flash size , do we have the volume chip availability., we need 144 pin package as IOs are used.

time for porting the code is not much, have access to the source code.

Need to explore other manufacurers chips.

thanks for the suggestion.

do you have suggestion on other MCU with similar feature on better availability?

stm32f103zet6 has 512kB flash

stm32f103zct6 has 256kB flash

I think Uwe's point is that availability from all vendors is likely to be tight, and you won't have been the first to pivot into a different make/model of MCU, there are people who've been watching this unravel for a year or more.

Whatever part you chose get your production order in before you start the main work, as parts are quarters away..

I would suggest using small parts on the most recent geometries, these will yield more die per wafer, and have a better ramping profile.

Would avoid old lines like F1,L1,F2,F3 and F4

L4/L4+ might be reasonable migration path. Might also look at Value Line F7 or H7 as these tend to be on the cheaper end, but with 'less" flash specified. Additional code space can be had via QSPI NOR Flash.

Properly designed a board should be able to use F4, F7 and H7 parts in the 144-pin form factor. This can provide options and flexibility down the path to pick cheaper or more available parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..