cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating 10 STM32F429x parallelly with PC program.

FLast.5
Associate II

I have to connect 10 devices based on STM32F429x MCU to PC and run them in parallel and send log data from all those STM32F429x devices to PC.

Previously when using 1-2 ARM devices with PC I had been using serial port with RS3232 and USB-serial converter to transfer data from my device to PC. My PC program is written in C# using its serial port interface.

The data size transferred from device to PC is 1~2 Kb per device and control signals to individual devices (few bytes). All of them need to run parallelly and will probably send data at almost same time. Timing for log data transmission depends on completion of tasks in each ARM devices but there is no big difference on completion of tasks (probably ~300 ms difference maximum). And the result is to be displayed in PC in real time.

For 10 devices, I don't know if RS3232 would be problem. I do not want to go with USB expansion hub because the ports keep changing whenever PC reboots. Can I use RS-3232 and USB-serial converter with Serial expansion card or Ethernet-Serial converter connected to router to PC ? (Ethernet-Serial converter to avoid IP related complexities.)

If I go with Ethernet method what should be the communication mechanism in c# ?

I want to know which one would be better solution.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

So far no problem with data loss and praying such would not occur. Set my baud-rate at 115200.