cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHINA made stm32 quality

yavar_zarei
Associate II
Posted on November 25, 2014 at 09:09

I get some stm32f103cbt6 or similar parts from china that prices are very low compared to digikey prices(ST price is 2.4$ @10000), but china price is about 2$,

what is the reason?

Is china made stm32 reliable and original or they are copy or fake?

3 REPLIES 3
Posted on November 25, 2014 at 14:51

Isn't the industry joke that DigiKey pricing is typically twice the actual price? If you're buy 10K parts you need to find another channel.

Also there is generally China and Rest-of-World pricing for parts

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
yavar_zarei
Associate II
Posted on November 26, 2014 at 10:27

digikey mouser price  is about 2 times of ST price in 10ku.

When we buy from china the price is very low the stm32f103cbt6 in digikey is about 6$ but in china is 2$.

China price is also under ST 10ku price, it is strange for me, why china stm32 is at very lower cost? Are they illegal copy of ST chips? or they are not 100% qualified chips on production line?

Posted on November 26, 2014 at 18:13

All things you'd be better off discussing with your local ST sales rep. Stick their feet in the fire until you get China pricing, instead of RoW. Buying parts is like buy cars, there is significant flexibility in the pricing spread.

I'm sure there are Chinese part sellers who remark parts, there are lots of crooks there, but this is significantly harder to do with F1 parts as there are so many die variations. The F4 (405/407) have 1MB/196KB die, and smaller sub sections tested. The size of the FLASH tested are burned in the system area, so will be significantly harder to fake. Do incoming inspections of your parts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..