cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we divide stm32f373rct6 flash memory half for code memory and another half for data memory? if it is possible, please support. thank you suguresh m

Sm.1
Associate III

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RomainR.
ST Employee

Hello m.1 (Community Member)

Yes you can split of course and refer to step 1°) in my previous reply.

Best regards,

Romain,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RomainR.
ST Employee

Hello m.1 (Community Member)

Can you give more details about your need.

What kind of data do you want to store in the second part of the flash?

Best regards,

Romain,

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Sm.1
Associate III

I want to store my offset hex or decimal pointing numbers so I'm planning to split code memory and data memory.

Sm.1
Associate III

adc offset values

RomainR.
ST Employee

You have several methods to store user data in Flash memory:

1°) Specify a Flash section in Linker file to store your data, and manage your firmware to perform page Erase/Write or Read your data using HAL API.

2° Use EEPROM emulation technic (see Application Note below)

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an4056-eeprom-emulation-in-stm32f30xstm32f31xstm32f37xstm32f38x-microcontrollers-stmicroelectronics.pdf

3°) Use external EEPROM.

You can also refer to this post.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkhRXSAZ/storing-variables-in-flash-hal

Note STM32F3 serie has the backup registers are thirty two 32-bit registers used to store 128 bytes of user application data.

Best regards,

Romain

Sm.1
Associate III

I cant Use external eeprom to store because in my hardware design I didn't added so I'm searching alternate method. its have  64 to 256kbyte flash memory so I can split it right ?

RomainR.
ST Employee

Hello m.1 (Community Member)

Yes you can split of course and refer to step 1°) in my previous reply.

Best regards,

Romain,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Select as Best' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. See also 'Best Answers'