cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find HAL_UARTEx_GetRxEventType() in STM32L4xx HAL code

Lex
Associate III

Hi folks,

I use CubeMx to generate UART∕DMA code for STM32L4xx MCU.

CubeMx uses currently latest STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.18.0 package, but HAL_UARTEx_GetRxEventType() is not included in it, neither HAL_UART_RXEVENT_* events.

I found it is included in the latest STM32L4 git. Could I somehow use latest STM32L4 git to generate a code by CubeMx with required fix automatically or would it always require manual work to replace HAL_Driver files?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

You can clone the STM32L4 HAL drivers repo, or the whole MCU package, and use that as the library location for CubeMX/IDE. When you generate a project, select "add library files as reference" rather than copy. So when you pull a new update from the repo your library files get updated. Of course you can update manually.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

You can clone the STM32L4 HAL drivers repo, or the whole MCU package, and use that as the library location for CubeMX/IDE. When you generate a project, select "add library files as reference" rather than copy. So when you pull a new update from the repo your library files get updated. Of course you can update manually.