cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can STM32H743 (With TIM1/TIM8) control two 3-ph Inverters?

Yvo
Associate II

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for your time.

Im starting my first application in ST: a power converter controller.

I need to be able to control two three-phase inverters with SPWM modulation, for which I think STM32H743 is the microcontroller I need. It has (as many others) advanced control timers TIM1 and TIM8, but I have a doubt about them:

Can each of them generate THREE PWM signals phase-shifted 120º modulated by SPWM, PLUS THREE complementary, for a total of 6? (For example, TIM1_CH1, TIM1_CH1N, TIM2_CH2, TIM1_CH2N, TIM1_CH3, TIM1_CH3N). And same with TIM8 for another 6?

As far as I understood, each timer can only generate ONE pulsed signal in all of its channels AND its complementary on its CHX_N channels.

Any help, contact or guide will be appreciated since I'm a M.Sc. Student and this is for my master thesis.

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

> I mean Sine-Pulsed Width Modulation

OK so you basically want to use the PWM as a form of DAC. This does not require phase-shifted PWM pulses, then, unless I am missing something.

Precalculate the required values for CCRx for each period, put them into a table, and fill them into CCRx using DMA and the TIMx_DMAR mechanism. There should be an example for this in the examples in CubeH7, try to look there.

JW