cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I run and step through code written for G071, F051 or F031 on F410RB MCU?

AMora.5
Associate

I am currently working with the Nucleo - F410RB and am trying to get the following code to run on this MCU.  The code can be found at: https://github.com/AlkaMotors/AM32-MultiRotor-ESC-firmware . I understand that this code is not written for this particular MCU, but I would want to see if I could get some assistance to help port the code. I am assuming that we can modify the .ioc file to make sure the pins do what they need to.

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

You will generally need to do some translation and ensure the peripherals used are compatible between the different devices. It will involve more than just clicking some things in the IOC file. Judging from the main.c file, that project is not set up to be regenerated from an IOC file.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
AMora.5
Associate

Thank you, this makes sense. As I am new to this, can you provide some general steps I would need to follow to get this up and running on the F410RB? I assume it would be best to create a new project and set pins according to my needs then build that new .ioc and begin to move over the header files and main with some modifications to accommodate pins. Is my general plan in the ball park of what needs to get done to make this project to run on this MCU?

TDK
Guru

The project is not set up to use IOC files and wasn't generated from one. I would import the project, replace the HAL library with the F4 HAL library, replace chip defines with the appropriate F4 chip defines, try to build, understand errors and correct them. Verify clock settings are right, verify pinouts are appropriate. It is not a trivial task, but that is how I would start it.

The project has a support channel. Perhaps request assistance there for more project-specific instructions.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".