cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOOT_ADD0 and BOOT_ADD1 are programmed with values 0xFFFF

Harshavardhan
Associate II

Hi,

I am using an STM32F746IE controller and in some of them i don't see proper ST programmed values in address locations of BOOT_ADD0 (0x1FFF 0010) and BOOT_ADD1 (0x1FFF 0018). As per the reference manual i understand the ST programmed values in these locations should be 0xFF7F 0080 (ITCM-FLASH base address) for BOOT_ADD0 and 0xFFBF0040 (system memory bootloader address) for BOOT_ADD1, but in my board i am seeing 0xFFFF on both of these locations (attached image1), due to this i am not able to access the system memory bootloader to flash my application by turning BOOT0 pin high. Is there a reason why this would happen in some of the controllers? These are fairly new controllers and we haven't programmed any user code yet.

3b004d21-7006-4235-8414-87c52f055602.jpgImage1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

@Harshavardhan Would you please provide as in private message data code and version of the chip? I will reach you privately to check!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @Harshavardhan 

BOOT_ADD option bytes can be programmed by the user. Would you be able to access your target through CubeProg and reconfigure them to default values?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @FBL ,

I was able to change the BOOT_ADD option bytes with my code, but i wanted to understand why the ST programmed values are not correct in this case? As i have not tampered with the values they should have been in Default values itself. I checked if i can find anything in errata  but there is nothing mentioned about this issue there as well.

FBL
ST Employee

@Harshavardhan Would you please provide as in private message data code and version of the chip? I will reach you privately to check!