cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binary compatibility between STM32G030K6 and STM32G0x0 / STM32G0x1 based MCUs

Aprui.1
Associate

Hi,

due to global shortage of MCU components we need to migrate our originally STM32G030K6 based application to alternative MCU. We have identified that following MCUs are compatible with original MCU (i.e when importing the configuration from STM32G030K6 to these listed MCUs no issues are reported by STM32CubeMX).

• STM32G030K8
  • STM32G031K6
  • STM32G031K8
  • STM32G041K6
  • STM32G041K8

Based on RM0454 document (Reference manual for STM32G0x0 based MCUs) I assume that the binary compiled for STM32G030K6 can be programmed also to STM32G030K8 as the memory map seems to be identical. Is my assumption correct?

The other listed MCUs are listed in the RM0444 document (Reference manual for STM32G0x1 based MCUs). This document lists the same memory map structure for the peripherals that we are using on the original STM32G030K6 MCU. Can I assume that the binary compiled for the STM32G030K6 MCU works also for STM32G0x1 based MCUs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello Aprui.1,

I think you can be pretty sure about the compatibility with STM32G030K8. As you said they have same datasheets and reference manual. Further They also have the same pinouts for the respective packages. When you will decide to use MCU from STM32G0x1 family I would really check also the registers definitions for used peripherals in your application and also the pinouts.

It could be interesting for you, that STM32G0x1 line provides some upgraded features in analog and is IoT ready with upgraded security functions. The comparison between the families could be found here. Please click on Select as Best if my reply fully answered your question. This will help other users with the same problem to find the solution faster!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello Aprui.1,

I think you can be pretty sure about the compatibility with STM32G030K8. As you said they have same datasheets and reference manual. Further They also have the same pinouts for the respective packages. When you will decide to use MCU from STM32G0x1 family I would really check also the registers definitions for used peripherals in your application and also the pinouts.

It could be interesting for you, that STM32G0x1 line provides some upgraded features in analog and is IoT ready with upgraded security functions. The comparison between the families could be found here. Please click on Select as Best if my reply fully answered your question. This will help other users with the same problem to find the solution faster!