cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to change the UART port of a sample

eleventen
Associate III

Greetings,

I want to compile the BLE Transparent Mode sample from the Cube (Version: 1.13.1Build: 17479_20230728_0839 (UTC)) for the STM32MMB module that has a different UART port from the default which is PB6/7.  Our design uses PA9/10 because we need the PB pins for another function.
The project imports fine and we can compile it before making changes.  Once we change the UART port, we are greeted with this mysterious message:

09:00:28 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project BLE_TransparentMode ****
make -j11 all 
make: *** No rule to make target '/Users/elf/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.11.2/BLE_TransparentMode/Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src/svc_ctl.c', needed by 'Middlewares/STM32_WPAN/svc_ctl.o'.  Stop.
"make -j11 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

09:00:29 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 445ms)

This is not the first time we've encountered this kind of difficulty when changing IO pins.  The last time we tried something similar, we discovered some kind of procedure that allowed the build to succeed.  This time, our tricks aren't working.

What does this message mean considering that our only change was to the IO pins (using the IO configuration tool)?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
eleventen
Associate III

Correction: this is the STM32WB55MMB module.  We selected the dev kit for this module as the target for the example.

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

I imported the example into STM32CubeIDE 1.13.0 and it compiled with no issues before and after changing the UART1 to PA9/PA10

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.