cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are these parts counterfeit?

AHans.2
Associate

I am a PCB designer for a start up Medical Company. We are gearing up for our commercial launch, do to the current supply chain issues we are have trouble acquiring parts. we bought these parts from a company in Canada, they shipped from China. The text looks different than the ones we acquired 3-6 months ago. How can I verify they are good parts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

>>How can I verify they are good parts?

Send them out for analysis?

Speak to your local ST Sales contact?

If these have been separated from larger trays or reels and losing the original stickers/packaging proving the provenance is going to be a lot harder.

They can likely trace the manufacturing or production batch from the markings, and wafer level from the UNIQUE ID inside the device.

As Jan notes the markings vary between sites, and also laser/marking lines within the same facility, not sure anyone here can offer concrete guarantees. And I'm pretty sure ST isn't going to play "Are These Real" on an open forum, that's open to abuse, and not how the industry works.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marking depends on the packaging site (and there are several), and also change in time.

I don't think there are any counterfeit 'F7 at all, but who knows whether these particular items haven't been subject to some unknown adverse influence.

JW

>>How can I verify they are good parts?

Send them out for analysis?

Speak to your local ST Sales contact?

If these have been separated from larger trays or reels and losing the original stickers/packaging proving the provenance is going to be a lot harder.

They can likely trace the manufacturing or production batch from the markings, and wafer level from the UNIQUE ID inside the device.

As Jan notes the markings vary between sites, and also laser/marking lines within the same facility, not sure anyone here can offer concrete guarantees. And I'm pretty sure ST isn't going to play "Are These Real" on an open forum, that's open to abuse, and not how the industry works.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AHans.2
Associate

I opened up a dialog with support. thanks for your comments