cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Is not running without debugger presence and connection

yuri CH
Senior

Hello!

i am working with the STM32H745 dual core nucleo board.

i have noticed that the app that i built runs perfectly when i debug it using IAR, on the other hand, it does not when i just connect the nucleo board to power and try to communicate with it.

i tried to debug this using the LEDs on the board and found out that the last function to run

is vTaskStartScheduler().

what is the difference between running the app with debugging oposed to without it.

please advise on how to debug this issue?

thanks alot in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
A Maq
Senior

There are major differences between running an application using the C-SPY debugger, compared to running stand alone.

When debugging the application with the C-SPY debugger, a number of SFRs are set by:

• the flash loader source code.
  • the mac file used by the flash loader.
  • the mac file used by the application.

When the application runs standalone these SFRs need to be set by the application in the start-up/initialization code.

This Application note from IAR gives detailed information regarding this issue fix. Let us know if this solves your issue. Thanks

https://www.iar.com/knowledge/support/technical-notes/debugger/application-does-not-run-stand-alone/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
A Maq
Senior

There are major differences between running an application using the C-SPY debugger, compared to running stand alone.

When debugging the application with the C-SPY debugger, a number of SFRs are set by:

• the flash loader source code.
  • the mac file used by the flash loader.
  • the mac file used by the application.

When the application runs standalone these SFRs need to be set by the application in the start-up/initialization code.

This Application note from IAR gives detailed information regarding this issue fix. Let us know if this solves your issue. Thanks

https://www.iar.com/knowledge/support/technical-notes/debugger/application-does-not-run-stand-alone/

yuri CH
Senior

Hello!

thank you for your help, eventually it was the printf() calls.

0693W00000FBJnnQAH.png