cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing X-Cube-Audio in cubeIDE?

Rodo
Senior

Hi all,

I tried to install X-Cube-Audio in cubeIDE but it is not in the list of software packages. I tried to use "From local..." and pointed to the zip file but I got an error (picture below). There is an X-Cube-Audio-F7 that is obsolete but nothing indicated that X-Cube-Audio is obsolete. How do I install X-Cube-Audio in cubeIDE? I'm interested in the audio player (mp3 and wav) for STM32F746 Discovery board. Thanks

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDYNLQA4.png

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Unfortunately, you are confusing the terms a bit here and you will probably only understand this if you delve a little into the history: CUBE packages such as X-CUBE-AUDIO were made available long before the introduction of the free GUI STM32CubeIDE and could not be installed in STM32CubeMX at that time. However, it was already quite easy to integrate the file structure of the CUBE package into one's own project, even those provided by external developers are often integrated in this way. Information on this can be found in UM2312UM2385 and UM2388.

Newer CUBE packages from ST are then gradually made installable in CubeMX/IDE.

By the way, the X-CUBE-AUDIO package also contains sample projects for several families, which you can import and test directly from the extracted file structure.

Hope I could help a little?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.