cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get STM32G0-DISCO and Power Analyser UCPD to work?

roland van straten
Associate III

STM32G0-DISCO and Power Analyser UCPD Software. I cannot see the STM32G0 disco device when attached through the micro-USB.

Tried all the obvious things: Restarted, Firmware updated/reflashed, STLINK updated, tried Windows/OSX.

The board/port will not show in the application. LCD works ok, can step through the menus, etc.

So what is the one thing I did not do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicolas P.
ST Employee

Hello Roland,

When using the G0 disco, do you have the blue door opened (spy mode) or is the door closed (sink standalone mode) ?

As indicated in the user manual, chapter 5.2.4, page 22, depending on the door position, the G0 disco will appear in the menu "board selection" or not.

However, in all cases, you will have access to the trace. Look the pictures in this chapter.

For more info, you can also have a look at our wiki.

Regards,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nicolas P.
ST Employee

Hello Roland,

When using the G0 disco, do you have the blue door opened (spy mode) or is the door closed (sink standalone mode) ?

As indicated in the user manual, chapter 5.2.4, page 22, depending on the door position, the G0 disco will appear in the menu "board selection" or not.

However, in all cases, you will have access to the trace. Look the pictures in this chapter.

For more info, you can also have a look at our wiki.

Regards,

Nicolas

Nicolas P.
ST Employee

Hello @roland van straten​; did you solve your problem ?

Nicolas

roland van straten
Associate III

Yes, it worked! Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried to see if the STUSB1700 (source power supply 5V @ 3A) would emit something like "I have one PDO and capable of 3A" but that seems a bit to simple as nothing happens. So I need to dig into this subject a little further (my lack of understanding 🙂

Any suggestions on that?

NBALL
ST Employee

Hello Roland,

stusb1700 is TYpeC only controller so it will never send any source capability. It's power capability advertisement is set thru the pull up on CC line.

To see source capability you can for example use stusb4710 eval kit (STEVAL-ISC004V1) or stusb1602 kit (P-NUCLEO-USB002).

Best regards

Nathalie