cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello. Is there by any chance a board support package available for the ultrasonic sensor CH101 from TDK? I am using the NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q board. Unfortunately TDK does not provide any BSPs for ST boards.

TBert.2
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

And ST doesn't provide BSP for components they don't use.

You'll likely have to port whatever materials TDK can supply, presumably interfacing with I2C, and merge in some I2C wedge/shim type implementation from the ST side examples for I2C Master devices.

Register level I2C devices (8 or 16-bit), should be able to use relatively high-level HAL I2C functions.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

And ST doesn't provide BSP for components they don't use.

You'll likely have to port whatever materials TDK can supply, presumably interfacing with I2C, and merge in some I2C wedge/shim type implementation from the ST side examples for I2C Master devices.

Register level I2C devices (8 or 16-bit), should be able to use relatively high-level HAL I2C functions.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TBert.2
Associate II

Thank you for your fast response

Svan .9
Associate

Hi @TBert.2​, did you manage to get communication with the CH101 sensor? We use a CH201 sensor with functions taken over from the chirp sources, but I see my I2C gets stuck (infinite clock stretching) when accessing the sensor in programming mode. Since the chirp example is really low level in the I2C interface I wonder if you succeeded using the STM HAL functions for I2C?

TBert.2
Associate II

Hello,

Unfortunately I did a quick and dirty workaround to get the prototype running (reading the serial output of the evalution board, using raspberry pi). We did not further investigate on this topic since we won't use the CH101 sensor for our product.