cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does somebody do the debugging and tests on these two EVM: board NUCLEO-G0B1RE + X-NUCLEO-USBPDM1?

Lmatt.11
Associate III
  • Configure as a extended capacity SINK(15V/3A)
  • NUCLEO-G0B1RE + X-NUCLEO-USBPDM1
  • Could somebody can share some documents for reference?
  • or if can give some suggestions or advices , it's also graet!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicolas P.
ST Employee

Hello @Lmatt.1​ 

have a look at this wiki, il will show how to use the UM2552 (stack user manual). The UCPD monitor tool is very convenient to trigger some actions, and see what's going on the protocol side.

You can also have a look at this wiki to see how to do sink application step by step.

Regards,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Alfredo
Associate II

Yes, I use this board for USB-PD. What is your question ?

Nicolas P.
ST Employee

Hello @Lmatt.1​ 

have a look at this wiki, il will show how to use the UM2552 (stack user manual). The UCPD monitor tool is very convenient to trigger some actions, and see what's going on the protocol side.

You can also have a look at this wiki to see how to do sink application step by step.

Regards,

Nicolas

Hello @Nicolas P,

I have already finished the debug and tests for this combination.

The function was realized.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Regards,

Matt

Hello @Nicolas P. ,

Right now, the 100W sink system works. 

But I met a problem that only one orientation (USB Type C) works normally, I mean output 20V(100W). There are a battery pack exists in my system. If removed this battery pack, two orientation all works fine.

It seems if there are a battery pack, the MCU power on all the time, The PD protocol only be running successful for CC1 or CC2, can't running succeed on another orientation when unplug and changed the orientations. If there are a battery the state was fixed( CC line can't be released all the time only if removed the battery pack).

What's the reason? Could you please give me some advice?

Thank you very much,

Matt

Nicolas P.
ST Employee

Hello @Lmatt.11 . I saw that you opened the same topic on an another post : https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/when-to-enable-the-dead-battery-mode-for-ucpd-there-are-a/m-p/602597#M226007

I propose to close this one, not to duplicate answers. Do you agree ?

Nicolas

@Nicolas P. 

Yes, of course. thanks!

Matt

@Alfredo ,

Do you met only one orientation of USB type C can be worked when there is a battery pack in the system?

If no battery, both orientations works fine, out put 20V/5A, or other PDO?

Thanks,

Matt

I would like to help you, but I do not understand your question.

Would you mind giving me more details ?

Thanks.

Hi @Alfredo ,

I mean only one oriention negoitation seccessful,it seems there are something wrong in my software. i have already implenmented the normaly behavior on evaluated board, i will try on my own PCBA later.

Thanks,

Matt