cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why MCU in STEVAL-CTM010V1 example (F303VBT) on Motor C.W. SDK do not match with MCU Schematics. (F303RBT)?

FNath
Associate II

The example "STEVAL-CTM010V1 dual drive with PFC" will run OK generating code correctly in SDK version 5.4.8, but the MCU inside are the STM32F303VBTx (100pin) and the Schema & Board has differently MCU. (STM32F303RBT6 - 64 pin).

How we can recompile it? The example do not accept MCU changes and remove PFC code.

Any help are welcome!

3 REPLIES 3
Gael A
ST Employee

Dear user,

I have generated code with SDK version 5.4.8 and everything is working fine on my end. I don't see any difference on MCUs. Could you attach screenshots of where you found those differences ?

0693W00000WKQtoQAH.png 

MCSDK WB 5.4.8 PFC project, MCU STM32F303VB

0693W00000WKQuIQAX.png 

CubeMX after generation of the project, MCU STM32F303VB

Thanks for your feedback,

Best regards,

Gaël A.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Dear @Gael A​ ,

I did the same as reported in your description but, is not exactly that case.

Look at schematic en.steval-ctm010v1_schematic.pdf page 3, we will saw MCU F303RBT6 that do not match with SDK 5.4.8 example. If you try to change it to this new one the generation code will report an error.

0693W00000WL02gQAD.png

0693W00000WL03yQAD.png

0693W00000WL05LQAT.png

Do you have any idea to correct this example?

Best Regards,

FNathan

Gael A
ST Employee

Dear user,

I was able to repeat your problem. It seems the generation does indeed end up in an error. However this happens when you click on generate the example, which will, in fact, erase the example located in C:\...\MC_SDK_5.4.8\Projects\STEVAL-CTM010V1\Demonstration\PFC and replace it with your new version. We advice you to instead click on Update, which will copy the example in the folder you specified, then update it with your parameters (in your case a different MCU). Normally, this should generate files correctly.

The steps are described in the readme file that should open automatically when you first load the project. If it doesn't, know it is located in the STEVAL-CTM010V1\Demonstration\PFC folder. This can apply to almost every example project.

Note that now you have generated the file and maybe erased the functional example, the update may not work anyway. To solve this problem you probably will have to download again the MCSDK in order to get the original project.

0693W00000WL0cFQAT.pngUpdate button.

0693W00000WL0cZQAT.pngExample steps in the readme file.

I hope this will solve your problem,

Best regards,

Gaël A.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.