cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX error loading existing project

BTrem.1
Senior II

"Can't Add: MotorControl files not found"

This above is the error I get when I try to load an existing project using STCubeMX V5.6.0.

My toolchain set up works on my laptop and I attempted to duplicate the same tools on my work computer. Both are Windows 10 64-bit and I made sure to use the same tools versions of STM32CubeMx V5.6.0 and STM MC SDK 5.4.3. I zipped and copied the project workspace from one computer to the other. I am using the Keil IDE and on both computers I can load the project and do a build-all without error.

The STM32 Motor Profiler and STM32 Motor Workbench both launch and run okay. I'm only having an issue with CubeMx loading an existing *.ico file.

-Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
BTrem.1
Senior II

This is an update to my own question ...

Instead of opening the example project P-NUCLEO-IHM001 kit, 3-Shunt, Sensorless that was built with SDK 5.1.0 I instead opened a NEW project in SDK_5.4.3 and select the same board set as the example. I then saved this as test.stmcx and reopened that file in STM32CubeMX 5.6.1. This loaded okay and I was able to generate the code, compile and run in Keil.

So the problem appears to be STM32CubeMX 5.6.1 loading an ico file created with SDK 5.1.0.

uomo motore
Associate III

Sometimes there can be issues while trying to open old version .stmcx files with newer version of Workbench. I personally faced issues with current sensing channels and some other settings getting corrupted while trying to use old version file with new workbench. It is better to start afresh. Open the old project in old version/take screenshots and create a new project in say SDK v5.4.3 with same settings. Bit more effort but better than spending time debugging compatibility issues later. Now I have made a habit of adding suffix like _v543 in the .stmcx filenames to ensure that only correct version of workbench is used for opening the file.

Hope this helps...

BTrem.1
Senior II

Good suggestion from @uomo motore​  to add the suffix with the .stmcx version.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards