cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pmsm motor control boards

rondik
Associate

Looking for a motor control board for test and evaluation of low voltage hub motors 48-80Vdc and 50-100A or at least something in tens of Amperes range; I have found that Matlab/Simulink suggests a combination of

for their example model https://it.mathworks.com/help/ecoder/stmicroelectronicsstm32f4discovery/ug/stm32-parameter-estimation.html that could be a good starting point for a much smaller motor, to get parameters and to get familiar with the use of the software model together with the hardware; could someone point me toward a bigger motor control board, adequate for my motors but with the same interface toward the Nucleo board (with or without adapters like the IMH09 ) so that we can easily upscale the test bench without restarting from scratch both software and hardware? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rondik ,
The only Board that can match your specifications is the STEVAL-CTM009V1 and which is supported on MCSDK 6.2.
because very few cards currently support 90Adc.

Ziedb_0-1697012133832.png

If you launch the MC Workbench, you will be able to select it and see the Control Boards compatible with it, if you choose a Nucleo, you need a Bridge card such as the X-NUCLEO-IHM09M2.

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @rondik ,
what are the technical characteristics of the motor you want to use? I could therefore recommend a combination of boards compatible with our MCSDK.
Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".
rondik
Associate

Thank you @Zied b. for the quick answer,

the motor I have at hand now for testing activity is a PMSM rated 2kW at 48Vdc (from test data I have seen the current can go up to 90Adc, don't know the maximum phase current in the worst condition), 32 poles, sinusoidal, three wires for power (phases, I suppose in Y configuration) and three Hall sensors for position feedback (5Vdc supply usually coming from the controller); there is also a temperature sensor for the motor stator.

If you need something more specific I can search documentation or ask the dealer, let me know.

My first goal is to get the motor parameters needed for the electromechanical simulation (for example in Simulink) to compare the results of the simulation vs data of the real tests in order to validate the model.

This setup should be easy to use and reliable enough to be used on different motors to compare them (in simulations) and test "real world" scenarios with them.

If we could also test bench the motor with the same board that would be useful to better tune the commercial controller we use and eventually get a custom one made for our specific applications (light electric vehicles on 2 and 4 wheels) and with better overall efficiency for our systems.

Hi @rondik ,
The only Board that can match your specifications is the STEVAL-CTM009V1 and which is supported on MCSDK 6.2.
because very few cards currently support 90Adc.

Ziedb_0-1697012133832.png

If you launch the MC Workbench, you will be able to select it and see the Control Boards compatible with it, if you choose a Nucleo, you need a Bridge card such as the X-NUCLEO-IHM09M2.