cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor profiler bugs

tarzan
Associate II

Hello,

I'm playing with a nucleo-F446 + IHM16M1.

The MC workbench is able to generate code. I am able to compile and program it using cube IDE. Running the default Gimbal motor with the standard parameters is still painfull. I'm trying to get a better motor profile with the profiler tool.

Using MC workbench 6.1.0, the motor profiler tool can't be run :
- Discover board returns "This MCU is not supported"
- Manually selecting the board show an empty screen (no board listed)

After an update to v6.1.2, things are better but still not working:
- Discover board returns "failed to discover board"
- Manually selecting the board show the complete list. After selecting my HW config, I have a pop-op requesting a FW update. This update don't works, the software returns back to the board list screen without showing any error.

In the terminal, many errors are shown (ERROR:ASPEP BEACON TIMEOUT 500ms).

Any ideas will help
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @tarzan ,

could you try with MCSDK 6.1.2 please? we are working hard to improve our tools and fix as many bugs as possible. Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tarzan
Associate II

I found the file NUCLEO-F446RE#X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1 3Sh#(6.1.2).hex located in 

C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\MC_SDK_6.1.2\Utilities\PC_Software\STMotorPilot\STM32CubeProgrammer\Fw

After programming it into the MCU, I can now start the profiler.

Is this software really supposed to works ?

Using the Gimbal motor (one of the "official" motor referenced by the software) : tried 10 times, still blocked at 28% of the process. Tried to change the speed and amps parameters. The motor spinned only one time. Curiously the process bar is not monotonic. All output parameters are still = 0. I can't reproduce this half-success even using the same parameters.

Using another motor, got absolutely nothing, the motor is perfectly silent and the process bar is blocked at 28%.

Tryed to verify the PP number with the second motor : the motor is completely free and power supply displays 0.00A. I'm not able to check the supposed PP count.

Zied b.
ST Employee

Hello @tarzan ,

could you try with MCSDK 6.1.2 please? we are working hard to improve our tools and fix as many bugs as possible. Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".