cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSDK 6 STMCWB won't start

vetalandronov
Associate II

Hello.

I'm trying to use MCSDK for EVLSPIN32G4-ACT demo board on Win7_x64 PC.

After installing X-CUBE-MCSDK-FUL_6.2.1, MotorControl Workbench do not start at all.

STMCWB.exe exits after splash screen without any notice,

STMCWB_C.exe prints such error:

INFO: [HttpServer] Started.
Exception in Application constructor
09:34:36.216 ERROR - RuntimeException: Unable to construct Application instance:
 class com.st.motorcontrol.workbench.ui.WB6AppShell

Can anyone help to resolve problem?

(MotorControl Workbench from X-CUBE-MCSDK_5.4.8 starts OK, but it have not any profile for EVLSPIN32G4-ACT board or even EVLSPIN32G4 chip)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello vetalandronov,

I am sorry to inform you that Windows 7 is no longer supported by our MCSDK since version 6.0.
However, the MotorPilot (and therefore MotorProfiler) software should work, so you will find attached an EVLSPIN32G4-ACT Profiler project .ioc file for you to generate (CubeMx v6.10). You can then profile your motor and report your values into an .xml file for MCSDK v5.4.8

If by any chance you have any other board which is supported by MCSDK v5.4.8 Profiler, I recommend using that one to profile your motor before switching back to EVLSPIN32G4-ACT once the characteristics of your motor are known.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gael A
ST Employee

Hello vetalandronov,

I am sorry to inform you that Windows 7 is no longer supported by our MCSDK since version 6.0.
However, the MotorPilot (and therefore MotorProfiler) software should work, so you will find attached an EVLSPIN32G4-ACT Profiler project .ioc file for you to generate (CubeMx v6.10). You can then profile your motor and report your values into an .xml file for MCSDK v5.4.8

If by any chance you have any other board which is supported by MCSDK v5.4.8 Profiler, I recommend using that one to profile your motor before switching back to EVLSPIN32G4-ACT once the characteristics of your motor are known.

If you agree with my answer, please consider accepting it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.

Hope this will help,
Gaël A.

Thank you.

Yes, MotorPilot is works on my Win7 and motor properties is already known.

The problem was to make a Cube project for this board and motor.

On Win11 SDK 6 works ok and demo board is in the list. So, now we have another set of problems )