cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC Workbench encoder pulses: quadrature cycles or line counts?

AaronP
Associate

Hi,

I am working on a project with an STSPIN32G4 motor controller and using MCSDK 6.2.1. The motor I am working with has a quadrature encoder with 1024 cycles per rotation. It's not clear to me in MC Workbench whether I should enter in this value, or multiply by 2 or 4, to get "pulses per mechanical revolution."

Thanks,

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @AaronP ,

Please have a look to Documentation through Workbench>About>Documentations>Documentation, User manual tab, "Quadrature Encoder sensor feedback processing" chapter. 
Counter is incremented by 4 at each pulse, then ARR Auto Reload Register has to be set at ((4*NBR Pulse) -1)

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GMA
ST Employee

Hello @AaronP ,

Please have a look to Documentation through Workbench>About>Documentations>Documentation, User manual tab, "Quadrature Encoder sensor feedback processing" chapter. 
Counter is incremented by 4 at each pulse, then ARR Auto Reload Register has to be set at ((4*NBR Pulse) -1)

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA