cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Migrate STM32F030R8 project into STM32F030C6 motor control workbench project?

KArum.2
Associate II

Hi Community,

I am using STM32F030C6 MCU for project. In Motor control workbench I couldn't in find the controller in that tool. But STM32F030R8 controller is available. So some help me to procedure for migrate project from STM32030R8 to STM32F030C6 or build motor controller application using MotorControl Workbench tool

Thanks

Kalaimani Arumugam

7 REPLIES 7
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

the transition will be painful in HW side, the C6 is 48 pin package while R8 is 64 pin package.

However besides changing the GPIO configuration the SW should be usable without significant changes.

BR,

J.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Note, that 'F030x6 as compared to 'F030x8 has not only less FLASH and RAM but also less peripherals implemented: TIM6, TIM7, TIM15, SPI2, I2C2 and USART2 are not present.

JW

Hi @JHOUD​ 

Thank you for the reply, I want to generate a motor control code from "Motor Control Workbench" for this particular MCU "STM32F030C6". But the MCU not available, In this tool that is why I prefer to convert some other micro controller project to "STM32F030C6" project. Also I don't want to change the hardware.

Hi @Community member​ 

Thank you for the reply, Is that any other same specification controller are available in Motor Control Workbench?. If yes, Give me procedure to convert that controller project to  "STM32F030C6" project.

Hi @Community member​ ,

STM32CubeMX is a great tool to get an overview of the STM32 MCUs and comparing their capabilities. Download it and have a look. I believe you need to look for any STM32F0xxCx for replacement...

J.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Community member​ ,

Sorry, I don't use the Motor Control Workbench, I don't know what is the procedure to use that. I just gave you the differences from general programming perspective. If your application does not use the features I've listed, you should be OK. Consult the datasheet, and as @JHOUD​  mentioned, CubeMX may be of some help too. Of course, the final decision is yours.

JW

Hi @JHOUD​ ,

Thank for the reply, I found a compatible MCU in the list and I generate code from that. But motor is not running. It's in Idle condition.