cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i control complementary pwm ? i want to enable and disable ch1 and ch1N sepraterly to trigger my mosfet

Tejashree
Associate III

I am trying to implement hall sensor based 6 step control.I am using Timer 1-Channel 1: CH1N and CH1

Channel 2: CH2N and CH2

Channel 2: CH3N and CH3

Now in order to trigger correct mosfets out of 6,i want to enable and disable each pwm indivudual over the run time.

I tried using:

TIM1->CCER|=~TIM_CCER_CC2NE;  (example for CH2N)

But once the channel is disabled ,it does not get enable for next cycle even if i enable it by: TIM1->CCER|=TIM_CCER_CC2NE; 

I don't know what should be done to control each pwm for 6 step

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Which STM32?

The CCxE and CCxNE do control individual channels. Note that these bits may be preloaded if CCPC is set.

> TIM1->CCER|=~TIM_CCER_CC2NE; (example for CH2N)

This does not clear the CC2NE bit. This does:

TIM1->CCER &= ~TIM_CCER_CC2NE;

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Tejashree
Associate III

Hi,I am using stm32g431cb.I tried using :

TIM1->CCER &= ~TIM_CCER_CC2NE;

But at the next instance when i try to clear the it by :

TIM1->CCER &= TIM_CCER_CC2NE;

it does not work.

What would you suggest to disable and enable each output on channel?Can you give any example?

Thank you for the response

TDK
Guru

> But at the next instance when i try to clear the it by :

> TIM1->CCER &= TIM_CCER_CC2NE;

What are you trying to do with this line? What does "clear the it" mean?

To set the bit and enable the CH2N output (assuming the channel is configured correctly), you would do:

TIM1->CCER |= TIM_CCER_CC2NE;

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Tejashree
Associate III

I am trying to control 6 pwm output.

example:

Case 1:

U-phase positive and W-Phase negative

TIM1->CCR1 = 30000; CH1-Enable

TIM1->CCER &= TIM_CCER_CC1NE; CH1N-Disable

TIM1->CCR2 = 0; CH2- Disable

TIM1->CCER &= TIM_CCER_CC2NE; CH2N-Disable

TIM1->CCR3 =0; CH3-disable

TIM1->CCER |= TIM_CCER_CC1NE; CH3N-Enable

Similarly for each case 1 to 6 , i have to chance my pwm output for 6 step i have to control my pwm output.

I am new to STM32.So when i disable a channel in 1st case and enable it in case 2.It does not work.

what should i do?

TDK
Guru

> TIM1->CCER &= TIM_CCER_CC1NE; CH1N-Disable

You are still not clearing the bits correctly. You are missing a "~". See my previous post.

> TIM1->CCER |= TIM_CCER_CC1NE; CH3N-Enable

Why would this enable channel 3N?

I think spending a bit of time proofreading your code would help. I assume these are all typos.

If you're lacking understanding of how to set/clear individual bits, there is a wealth of information available online. These are not STM32-specific operations.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47981/how-do-you-set-clear-and-toggle-a-single-bit