cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVALKIT-ROBOT-1.

oleg_sidorovich_1981
Associate II

How I can programming MCU (Example code with description, PID control, use STM32 Motor control SDK5.0, Motor control workbench and others)? Where is video example, AN?

24 REPLIES 24

Please refer to the new FW example STSW-ROBOT-1

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

Do you have a description of this example, how to work with it, configure it?

FW example is based on the MCSDK implementing high performance PMSM FOC control with positioning feature. The application firmware interfaces with the middleware via the specific API (MC_API). The MODBUS RTU communication is based on the FreeModbus library and the application firmware interfaces with the middleware via the specific API (MB_API).

Peripheral management is performed by the STM32Cube low level divers (LL) and Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) based on the standard CMSIS library.

In the databrief you can find the FW architecture picture.

The package’s content:

• MotorControl Workbench project
  • Binary folder containing the compiled binary file
  • EVALKIT_ROBOT_1_SDK543_Positioning_LL folder containing the source code, the CobeMX project file and the toolchains’ projects

The firmware default configuration can be modified using the MotorControl Workbench and the STM32CubeMX softwares.

We are going to publish a detailed user manual.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution"

How I can program STSPIN32F0A (EVALKIT-ROBOT-1

). STSPIN32F0A has not Embedded ST-LINK/V2-1? Can I use board STM32F3DISCOVERY, for example with Embedded ST-LINK / V2-1 for programming STSPIN32F0A?

oleg_sidorovich_1981
Associate II

How I can program STSPIN32F0A (EVALKIT-ROBOT-1

). STSPIN32F0A has not Embedded ST-LINK/V2-1? Can I use board STM32F3DISCOVERY, for example with Embedded ST-LINK / V2-1 for programming STSPIN32F0A?

Hello, we suggest to use a SWD programmer/debugger supporting the STM32F0 family, like the STLINK-V3.

If you already have the STM32F3DISCOVERY, you can use the Embedded ST-LINK / V2-1 for programming STSPIN32F0A but you need adapt the SWD connector.

Anyway, did you get the STSW-ROBOT-1 working with your EVALKIT-ROBOT-1?

You need to use the ST Motor Control Workbench included in X-CUBE-MCSDK software package for opening .stmcx files.

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-mcsdk.html

The EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 has a dual row 10 pin header with 1.27mm pitch spacing for programming/debugging. It can be done if you can arrange some means for connecting SWDIO, SWCLK, GND and 3V3 from this connector to the STM32F3DISCOVERY board. Say with an adapter or custom patch cables with 1.27mm female header on one side and 2.54mm female header on the other side. Otherwise ST-LINK/V3 already has the relevant port and cable for this debug hearder.

Can I use ST Motor Control Workbench included in X-CUBE-MCSDK for EVALKIT-ROBOT-1?

Enrico Poli
ST Employee

Hi Oleg,

Just to inform you that the STSW-ROBOT-1 is now published.

The package contains projects for IAR, KEIL and STM32CubeIDE.

About the customization of the code, you can use both the MC workbench and CubeMX: the first for tuning the algorithm parameters and the second one for the peripherals customization.

However, generating a new code could be not so straight forward because, at the moment, some of the options included in the EVALKIT-ROBOT-1 are not natively supported by the MCSDK.

A dedicated user manual will be published soon, meanwhile I can give you some suggestions:

1. When you modify the MCWB project: if you only change the control parameters, you can use the update option avoiding overwrite the CubeMX project file .
  2. The communication protocol embedded into the MCWB is not compatible with the hardware, do not enable it.
  3. One of the most important file that is changed during automatic generation of the project is the "stm32f0xx_mc_it.c". Always keep a backup copy of the original file as reference.
  4. Keep a backup copy of the original CubeMX project.
  5. Always select LL libraries for code generation in order to avoid code-size issues.

Enrico