cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does STM32G431V8 controller has Motor control and Interleaved PFC compatibility and software package available which can be used to run and control the motor with minimum software efforts?

Sivakumar1
Associate

We are planning to use this controller for our new VFD design. I need to know in detail about this controller:

1. We know this controller can be used for controlling one Motor and one PFC. Is there the motor control and PFC software package readily available for these controllers? If so, with minimum software efforts, can we able to run the motor? Or do we need to put more efforts to develop the software?
  2. Is it possible to use this controller for 2 phase interleaved PFC control as well?
  3. If it can be configured for the interleaved PFC, then the software required for interleaved PFC control is readily available with TI or we need to develop?
  4. Is it possible to control the 2nd low power motor (for 250W Fan control motor, 3 ph inverter) along with Main motor control with this single controller?
  5. If not, is there any other controller available to control two motor and two phase interleaved PFC control?

1 REPLY 1
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @Sivakumar​ 

Interleaved or not interleaved is not a matter.

In fact, there is no turnkey PFC solution in STM32 MC-SDK.

There is an simple application exemple: did you have a look on the dual motor board STEVAL-CTM010V1 with PFC based on STM32F3.

Note also that, for PFC applications, you need accurate timers and I am not sure that STM32G431V8 have ones (but probably some others STM32G4 have).

By the way, we have some customers using some advanced PFC features (including with STM32G4), and I will check if I can have some data about (but honestly I am rather not optimistic to having) some.

Best regards