cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection error

Borys
Associate

Hi all.

I use Nucleo-F746ZG, X-Nucleo-IHM07M1 and Maxon motor (https://www.maxongroup.com/maxon/view/product/motor/ecmotor/ecflat/ecflat45/668555). These boards were purchased separately.

Motor Profiler and Motor Pilot give a connection error. CubeIDE connects and flashes the board without problems.

0693W00000UnZGqQAN.pngAfter two days of attempts, I realized that I can connect only in STLINK mode (it does not connect via UART).

Another day later, I generated the firmware using MotorControl Workbench and installed it using CubeIDE. In the firmware, the port speed was set to 115200.

Now the Motor Pilot was able to connect via UART, but he still cannot control the motor.

0693W00000UnZHeQAN.pngThe manual say that before testing the motor, the Motor Profiler installs the firmware necessary for its operation on the board, but it seems to me that this is not so.

Now I lean towards the fact that I need a basic firmware for STM32 to test the motor.

I would be very grateful for any idea or information!!!

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Zied b.
ST Employee

hi @Borys ,
We are sorry for responding so late, we are trying to improve our presence on the forum.
To answer your question, you now have the possibility with MCSDK 6.2 to generate your own profiler firmware then flash it manually, the connection will be made as on the motor pilot. Don't hesitate if you have any other questions. 

Regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on "Accept as solution".