cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Slotted Motor Phase using SDK V5.4.8

khaledsaeed
Associate

I'm trying to control the AirFan MFA0290 BLOWER using the ST motor control SDK V5.4.8 and the generated pulses on the Phases and Halls are as pictured below (brown, red, orange ) (phase 1, phase 2, phase3) respectively 

khaledsaeed_0-1711457889338.png

but i need to make those pulses to be as follow :

khaledsaeed_1-1711458024976.png

but I don't know what I need to change to be able to produce that sequence.
and this is my motor parameters :

khaledsaeed_2-1711458103176.png

find attached the motor data sheet 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @khaledsaeed,

Could you tell me if you use your MCU with an ST board, or your own board ?

The strategy is now to describe your board based on json description. 

For STM32F407 series, we support STM32F407IGHx and STM32F407IGTx, so if your control board referred to one of them, it will be supported. The easiest way to describe your board is to use the board manager starting by cloning the closest ST board.

The overheating fault is probably due to a tuning issue of your hall sensor. In practice, we check the angle alignement with a sensor-less (STO-PLL) as auxiliary sensor. Both angle (Hall and STO&PLL) must be superposed. with the 5.4.8, you can check that with an oscilloscope and the DAC. With 6.2.1, it is available directly from the MC Pilot.

Regards

Cedric

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @khaledsaeed,

The phase sequence coming from your motor's maker illustrates 6-steps algorithm.

I guess the algorithm configured with the MCSDK 5.4.8 is the FOC. As it is vectoriel control the phases will change at PWM frequency not at 60 electrical degrees.

From what I can see, I advise you to connect the black wire to H1, the grey wire to H2, the blue wire to H3.

Doing so it will be aligned with the Hall sensors description configured at 120 degrees. 

cedricH_0-1711466916150.png

Be aware that another parameter is important to tune for having a working Hall sensor configuration, the "Placement electrical angle", both parameters are available in the motor configuration window.

cedricH_0-1711556259874.png

I would advise you to give a try to MCSDK 6.2.1. We propose with the motor profiler a way to profile your Hall sensors if you generate your profiler project with Hall sensors as auxiliary sensors.

And of course, I invite you to read the documentation coming with the MCSDK, and particularly the topic "Hall sensor feedback processing"

Regards

Cedric

khaledsaeed
Associate

thank you @cedric H  for the quick response 
I tried changing the Hall pins as you suggested and now I can control the motor but I get an overheating fault after 2 Minutes of running the motor can that be relevant to the changes I made? 
and I tried to run the new MCSDK version  but I couldn't find the controller I'm using in the control section, 
as I'm using the STM32F407 controller with EVALSTDRIVE101 

khaledsaeed_0-1712134922824.png

in the older SDK version 5.4.8, I can find the controller but not in the newer version 

khaledsaeed_1-1712135032343.png

thank you in advance.

Hello @khaledsaeed,

Could you tell me if you use your MCU with an ST board, or your own board ?

The strategy is now to describe your board based on json description. 

For STM32F407 series, we support STM32F407IGHx and STM32F407IGTx, so if your control board referred to one of them, it will be supported. The easiest way to describe your board is to use the board manager starting by cloning the closest ST board.

The overheating fault is probably due to a tuning issue of your hall sensor. In practice, we check the angle alignement with a sensor-less (STO-PLL) as auxiliary sensor. Both angle (Hall and STO&PLL) must be superposed. with the 5.4.8, you can check that with an oscilloscope and the DAC. With 6.2.1, it is available directly from the MC Pilot.

Regards

Cedric