cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find STEVAL-SPIN3204 in Motor Control Workbench 5.4.4

YLiu.4
Associate

Hi everyone:

I had bought a STEVAL-SPIN3204 for my BLDC motor project.

There are two question I want to ask.

1. I can't find STEVAL-SPIN3204 in Motor Control Workbench 5.4.4 list.

2. I can't find STSPIN32F0B in MCU list.

Does anyone meet the same problem as i had?

Please help as soon as possible. Many thanks.

0693W000004GfC6QAK.jpg0693W000004GfBmQAK.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dario CUCCHI
ST Employee

Hi @YLiu.4​ ,

The STEVAL-SPIN3204 is not present in the selector because it does not support the FOC but just the six-step algorithm.

The list of board you mentioned is related only to FOC projects.

For your second question, let me just explain how the evaluation boards of the STSPIN32F0x family are organized

• STEVAL-SPIN3201 mounts the STSPIN32F0 and is designed to support the three-shunt FOC
  • STEVAL-SPIN3202 mounts the STSPIN32F0A and is designed to support the single-shunt FOC and can be adapted for six-step operation
  • STEVAL-SPIN3204 mounts the STSPIN32F0B and is designed to support the six-step only

The STSPIN32F0B is not present in the list because the STEVAL-SPIN3204 with the STSPIN32F0B does not support FOC.

Please note: the board is designed for six-step, but the device STSPIN32F0B can implement FOC applications.

Consider that the devices STSPIN32F0, STSPIN32F0A and STSPIN32F0B are very similar.

The three devices are all based on the STM32F031 microcontroller, as you can see in the datasheets of the products.

My suggestion if you want to develop a FOC project is to get a STEVAL-SPIN3202 and develop on that.

Then, if you have a specific need to use the STSPIN32F0B instead of STSPIN32F0A in your final board/application, you can easily port the project and adapt to your final board.

Hope my explanation can help you: please let me know...

Have a good day !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear YLiu.4

Since your question is related to MCSDK, I change the tag of this post to "STM32 Motor Control".

Best regards

Laurent C.

Dario CUCCHI
ST Employee

Hi @YLiu.4​ ,

The STEVAL-SPIN3204 is not present in the selector because it does not support the FOC but just the six-step algorithm.

The list of board you mentioned is related only to FOC projects.

For your second question, let me just explain how the evaluation boards of the STSPIN32F0x family are organized

• STEVAL-SPIN3201 mounts the STSPIN32F0 and is designed to support the three-shunt FOC
  • STEVAL-SPIN3202 mounts the STSPIN32F0A and is designed to support the single-shunt FOC and can be adapted for six-step operation
  • STEVAL-SPIN3204 mounts the STSPIN32F0B and is designed to support the six-step only

The STSPIN32F0B is not present in the list because the STEVAL-SPIN3204 with the STSPIN32F0B does not support FOC.

Please note: the board is designed for six-step, but the device STSPIN32F0B can implement FOC applications.

Consider that the devices STSPIN32F0, STSPIN32F0A and STSPIN32F0B are very similar.

The three devices are all based on the STM32F031 microcontroller, as you can see in the datasheets of the products.

My suggestion if you want to develop a FOC project is to get a STEVAL-SPIN3202 and develop on that.

Then, if you have a specific need to use the STSPIN32F0B instead of STSPIN32F0A in your final board/application, you can easily port the project and adapt to your final board.

Hope my explanation can help you: please let me know...

Have a good day !