cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does STM32F215 SVD contain Ethernet and DCMI peripherals?

Louis Cloete
Associate III

I recently had to look at the SVD file for STM32F2 series chips, and found that the STM32F215.svd file contains entries for Ethernet and DCMI peripherals, even though that's the discriminating feature between them and the STM32F2x7 chips that they don't have Ethernet and DCMI. Why is this? Is there some reason for this I'm missing, or is it a mistake?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Let me first welcome you to the Commnity 🙂

You are right, the Ethernet and DCMI are not available in STM32F215xx devices. 

I will raise this issue internally for fix.

Thanks for your contribution.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Let me first welcome you to the Commnity 🙂

You are right, the Ethernet and DCMI are not available in STM32F215xx devices. 

I will raise this issue internally for fix.

Thanks for your contribution.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Louis Cloete
Associate III

Thanks for the welcome, but I'm a long time member. I just made a personal account as well, since I didn't want to use my work account (@Community member​ ) for personal questions 😉

While you're looking at the F2 series SVD files, can you maybe look at differentiating the STM32F20x lines from the STM32F21x lines as well? The difference there is the advanced crypto support on the F21x line.

Do the SVD standard allow for specifying such conditions in a single document, or will it mean you'll have to duplicate the file for STM32F205 and STM32F215 and for STM32F207 and STM32F217?

PS: I know the F2 series is nearing EOL status, so I really don't expect you to put effort into this if you deem it not worth it. It was just something I picked up.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Ah ok. I didn't read the fine print and assumed the 10 years started at launch.