cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning with ThreadX Source path

GreenGuy
Lead

Why am I seeing the warning:

Invalid project path: Missing project folder or file: /STM32H743-EVAL-Utils/ThreadX for Source path.

the source folder the warning is complaining about is not visible while browsing the project folder. It is not visible when trying to create the source folder using the new source folder tool. If I try to create a source folder named ThreadX, new source folder tool will not allow the new folder because it claims a folder by that name already exists. But using the browse feature within the new source folder tool to see all the current source folders does not show ThreadX. I went so far as to look for any references in the project properties and find nothing that references a folder ThreadX except the treadx subfolders in the Middleware source tree.

the only reference I could find is in the .cproject file, where under the tag <sourceEntries> there is the entry:

<entry flags="VALUE_WORKSPACE_PATH|RESOLVED" kind="sourcePath" name="ThreadX"/>

Removing this line with the IDE closed and re-starting only returns the .cproject file to the previous state and the warning is still produced when compiling.

So where is this being driven and why, and how do I get rid of it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GreenGuy
Lead

Workaround:

Go into properties as previously described for the project and delete the path that CubeMX generated. then verify that the project builds without generating the warning. At the top level, add the source folder ThreadX. Now when the code is regenerated and inserts the path, the path will be valid. No more warning.

Best Answer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GreenGuy
Lead

I found the place where this path was being referenced. It is in Properties > C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols and shows in the Source Folders on build path window. The problem is that CubeMX (from inside the IDE does not create this folder when generating code. Furthermore, after I delete the path and verify the warning no longer appears when compiling, running the code generator again restores the path in the project. So CubeMX is generating the path without creating the folder in the project.

This sounds like a bug.

GreenGuy
Lead

Workaround:

Go into properties as previously described for the project and delete the path that CubeMX generated. then verify that the project builds without generating the warning. At the top level, add the source folder ThreadX. Now when the code is regenerated and inserts the path, the path will be valid. No more warning.

Best Answer.

MWB_CHa
ST Employee

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

We confirm it and it will be fixed in next releases.

PS.

removing <entry flags="VALUE_WORKSPACE_PATH|RESOLVED" kind="sourcePath" name="ThreadX"/> from .cproject fixes it: warning removed, project still works correctly.

The warning returns because before the removal of the line, the project must be cleaned and then closed, .cproject edited and then reopen the project (double click on it from project explorer in CubeIDE) .

The warning should be removed permanently,

.cproject & .project modifications are not recommended since you might damage the project beyond repair.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Internal ticket number: 145362 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.