Associate II
Posted on February 07, 2010 at 21:59

Virtual COM port in Win7 or Vista 32-bit

#stm32 #stm32 #stm32 #lmgtfy #stm32-virtual-com-port-vista-windows-7
22 REPLIES 22
jack
Associate
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:39

i, too, would like to know how to get the STM32 Virtual Com Port to work with Windows 7 64-bit.

I have tried every INF file that I could find. I have tried a file that says it is VCP_V1.3.1_Setup_x64.exe, however all of these options have failed. I, also, tried to create my own INF file to no avail. No matter what i do, or try, I keep getting error 10 fail to start.

even the link posted above this post leads to a 404 page.

StefanoBettega1
Associate II
Posted on July 06, 2011 at 13:58

Hi STOne,

the link you provided seems not to work anymore. Can you provide a new valid link?

Second question: we have some issues in communication with our legacy software converted to use virtual COM port. This software works perfectly in Windows XP and Vista, but we have problems with Windows 7: sometimes the device cannot be found or we have a reset on the device (we are investigating on it). Do you have any idea about this?

Thanks in advance

Stefano

July 19th Update: we found the reset problem under Windows 7 was due to usage of a very old USB library. We tried on the evaluation board the Virtual COM Port demo, using the new library, and experienced no problem. So we updated libraries in our project, leading it to work perfectly under any O.S.

We are indeed still waiting for the redistributable version of driver installer.

Cheers,

Stefano

barry239955
Associate
Posted on June 06, 2012 at 10:05

Can some one **PLEASE** post a valid link for the Vista/Windows7/x64 virtual serial port drivers ?

thx in advance ....

Posted on June 06, 2012 at 14:06

http://dekar.wc3edit.net/st website/VCP_Setup.zip

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
alok472
Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2012 at 06:50

http://www.st.com/stonline/stappl/resourceSelector/app?page=resourceSelector&doctype=SW_DRIVER&ClassID=1734

http://www.st.com

-> Micros & Memories-> Microcontrollers -> Resources -> Software Resources -> Drivers -> STM32 Virtual Com Driver

muis
Associate
Posted on August 27, 2012 at 18:06

Hi All,

Thanks for the links.. I have installed it in my windows 7 and XP but it does not work. There is no notification about new device detected when I connected the board with USB cable. Should I install/update certain windows driver to before installing it?

Thank you for your help.

muis

Posted on August 27, 2012 at 20:32

Having ported the current USB CDC code to a STM32F2 platform, and STM32F4-Discovery, the only oddness I encounter is with enumeration the first time plugging in. So the code perhaps needs some debugging.

acasey
Associate II
Posted on March 12, 2013 at 17:48

Link does not work.  Get a popup that says ''Info: Error loading grid data''.

acasey
Associate II
Posted on March 12, 2013 at 17:55

Thanks Clive; I have been searching for over an hour and just decided to try your non st.com link because it's unfindable here.  Let's hope there's no virus!  

This website is terrible.

Posted on March 12, 2013 at 19:06

The file is consistent with the local copies I have previously downloaded from ST directly, and it was easier than hosting it myself. The site has represent a good mirror of the files that once existed here. I am substantially less paranoid, and found Norton and McAfee have deleted more of my own files than ones that contain any viruses.