cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB MSC in with Internal flash

RKage.2
Associate II

There are many threads about using internal flash as MAss Storage in the USB Mass Storage Class, but non of them ever lead to anything.

Has anyone actually managed to get it working and is willing to share their code? I have scraped the internet for any info, but cant't find anything that actually works

10 REPLIES 10

It is possible, you're wasting your time, or more generally others. There aren't likely to be many examples, cause it's a bad idea, and I expect a lot of people have wasted a lot of time, and have left disappointed. Experiential learners might need to fail to determine the path was poorly chosen.

It generally gets into your ability to deblock the data, and overwrite in place, and the ability to juggle the data in a timely fashion whilst not causing the interface to stall.

The internal memories are often small and slow, availability of RAM might also limit options. Ditto for External QSPI NOR Flash devices, perhaps easier to manage, but have slow erase/write.

RAM/SDRAM based drive, reasonably easy, preformatting can be a little complex.

MSC thru to SD Card, again reasonably easy, most examples implement this, throughput generally not spectacular.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..