cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tx_Thread_Creation example other than described

RKoss.1
Associate

Hi there!

I installed the tools for the workshop just as in the 00-Azure-RTOS-WS-prerequisities-homework.pdf. I am able to create the Tx_Thread_Creation example, i can download and start it on the Nucleo board. I can even debug it. But: LD1 does not blink - i do not even find any code in the project for the LED.

Furthermore, there is no code for ThreadX, nothing like tx_thread_create or similar. Based on the example name, I would have expected to have a TX thread created in the project (maybe in main.c) which toggles the LED - but there is just an empty while loop at the end of main().

Could it be related to the flow ofthe example creation in the STM32CubeIDE? The dialogues were slightly different to the screenshots in the PDF - i had to select whether or not i would like to have a library rather than en executable and if i would like to have the peripheryls initialized to default values...

Best regards,

Ralf Kosse

3 REPLIES 3
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello Ralf,

Could you please try again and make sure you have exact same dialog boxes ?

I suspect you missed one click somewhere. There is no point is asking for library or executable in the normal flow.

Best regards

Jocelyn

RKoss.1
Associate

Hi Joycelyn,

Thanks for your help!

Although i already unsuccesfully tried twice to get it work, i did it once again - and now it's OK! The reason is the link in the Target Selection screen of Cube IDE (see screenshot). I must have clicked on the blue link to the board which then offers a slightly dfferent GUI for the next steps in the project generation wizard. When selecting the table line in the Example list rather than the link to the board, i have the ThreadX sources in the project and LD1 is also flashing as expected.

Thanks again,

Ralf

0693W00000FBMz3QAH.png 

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hi Ralf,

OK thank you for your explanation, this may help others !

Best regards

Jocelyn