cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Reference Manual for EMW3080 present on STM32U585I-IOT

Dharia
Associate II

Currently, I am working on creating a WiFi driver for EMW3080, which is integrated into the STM32U585I-IOT, for a commercial RTOS. Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate any programming guide or technical reference manual that would assist me in understanding how to communicate with the EMW3080 that is connected via the SPI bus.

Upon reviewing the EMW3080 datasheet, it appears that AT commands are used to communicate with the WiFi module. However, I am still unable to locate any information regarding the specific commands or how to utilize them. I would greatly appreciate any guidance you can provide regarding where to find the documentation necessary to communicate with the firmware running on the EMW3080.

Moreover, I can see that a TCP/ IP stack is running on EMW3080 which means that we get the processed packets from the stack. Is there any way we can get the raw packets so that we can use the native TCP/IP stack running inside Host OS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
grd
ST Employee

Hi all,

please note that in addition to (other) AzureRTOS integration examples (e.g. STM32CubeU5 and X-

CUBE-AZURE), X-CUBE-AWS (or https://github.com/FreeRTOS/iot-reference-stm32u5) also provide FreeRTOS integration examples where the TCP/IP stack remains on the host.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Saqib
Associate

I am also facing the same issue. Can anyone provide guidance on understanding the protocol or commands used to communicate with EMW3080? I'm encountering the same issue and haven't been able to find a programming guide. While I've come across initialization functions that reset/power on the module through GPIO pins, I'm looking for documentation that can help me comprehend the EMW3080's operations. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dharia
Associate II

@Lina DABASINSKAITE​ 

I am still blocked on this issue. Could you please tag the relevant persons to help me here find the answer?

Some of the tags removed to adhere community guidelines.

Hello Dharia,

Thanks for being a part of ST Community! I have share your questions with the responsible team. Will keep you posted on the status.

BR,

Lina - ST Community Team

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​, Hello @Community member​,

You can find integration of EMW3080 Wi-Fi driver with NetXDuo and ThreadX for B-U585I-IOT02A board on this github repository: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/x-cube-azure-telematics.

This application provides an example of Azure RTOS NetX/NetXDuo Azure IoT cloud usage (with EWARM and CubeIDE). There is also an .ioc file for Code Generation with CubeMX.

Please follow the instructions in the "How to use it" section x-cube-azure-telematics/README.md at main · STMicroelectronics/x-cube-azure-telematics · GitHub

You would refer to this ST wiki page: Introduction to NETXDUO article.

Hope this helps.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Dharia
Associate II

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ ,

I have examined the GitHub repositories and executed the examples on my setup, but I was unable to locate the answers I am seeking.

My inquiries are:

1. Does the EMW3080 support bypass mode? By that we mean is there a way we can disable the TCP/IP stack running on EMW3080 and get the raw (unprocessed) data so that TCP/IP stack running on the host OS can process the packets? We just want to utilize the Host OS net stack with EMW3080.
  2. Do we have documentation about the firmware running on EMW3080? I just want to know what commands or APIs it supports.

Best Regards,

Dharia

Hi @Imen DAHMEN (ST Employee)​ ,

I have examined the GitHub repositories and executed the examples on my setup, but I was unable to locate the answers I am seeking.

My inquiries are:

1. Does the EMW3080 support bypass mode? By that we mean is there a way we can disable the TCP/IP stack running on EMW3080 and get the raw (unprocessed) data so that TCP/IP stack running on the host OS can process the packets? We just want to utilize the Host OS net stack with EMW3080.
  2. Do we have documentation about the firmware running on EMW3080? I just want to know what commands or APIs it supports.

Best Regards,

Dharia

Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf, please stand by for just a moment and you will hear from us.

Regards,

Billy

grd
ST Employee

Hi all,

please note that in addition to (other) AzureRTOS integration examples (e.g. STM32CubeU5 and X-

CUBE-AZURE), X-CUBE-AWS (or https://github.com/FreeRTOS/iot-reference-stm32u5) also provide FreeRTOS integration examples where the TCP/IP stack remains on the host.