cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WL55 CM0+ is getting stuck

IAnas.1
Associate II

Dear forum,

I have been working with the STM32WL55, using STM32Cube FW_WL V1.1.0.

During the development phase I have tried to stress test the device with sending acknowledged LoRa messages one after the other. In order to ensure that I am not going to overload the M0+ with requests through the MBUMUX system, I am using a semaphore that is locked before sending and unlocked after the callback is called reporting that the message was sent or failed (all this is done in my application on the M4 side). I have not made any changes on the CM0+ code that is provided in the end node dual core sample. On the M4 application I am using FreeRTOS.

During my tests I noticed that at some point the M0+ was getting stuck somewhere and the .onRxData of the LmHandlerCallbacks was not invoked, after sending an arbitrary of messages (run the test a couple of times and the device would get stuck on different counter values.

After debugging the whole application I saw that the device was getting stuck at this place:

IAnas1_0-1695989037198.png

IAnas1_2-1695989095287.png

What could be the cause of this?

After getting stuck on that place I re run the debugger from scratch and it seems that all the params are getting exactly the same values when the application works normally.

Are there any recommended solutions to this?

The issue seems to be appearing also if the device is not under the stress test conditions but it may take days or even weeks to manifest.

0 REPLIES 0