cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U575I-EV - This eval board is supposed to source power to the USB-C connection but as far as I can tell, my board does not. Are there additional configuration steps I need to take for the board to source USB power?

KBret.1
Associate II

I am using the UX_Host_MSC example project. When a connect a USB drive to the USB-C port, the demo app detects a physical connection but power is never activated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KBret.1
Associate II

Thanks JW. The project is designed to support the TCPP03. I discovered my mistake in re-reading the "ReadMe" file. JP25 (power control block) is NOT mutually exclusive. It required both the power source (5V_EXT for example) AND 5V_UCPD in order to source USB power. I had originally assumed JP25 only specified the main power provider.

--KB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

According to schematics and UM2854, UCPD (USB-C Power Delivery) is handled by a dedicated chip, TCPP03. Is that chip handled in the example project you've mentioned? If not, isn't there a dedicated example project for UCPD?

JW

KBret.1
Associate II

Thanks JW. The project is designed to support the TCPP03. I discovered my mistake in re-reading the "ReadMe" file. JP25 (power control block) is NOT mutually exclusive. It required both the power source (5V_EXT for example) AND 5V_UCPD in order to source USB power. I had originally assumed JP25 only specified the main power provider.

--KB

Ah. That board is complex indeed, even in the basics i.e. power supplies.

Thanks for coming back with the solution. Please select you post a Best do that the thread is marked as solved.

JW