cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747-DISCO (CM7 Used RTOS for Graphics, UART8) (CM4 Used for Tim1 PWM,SDMMI with FAT_M4.)

Hiram Hyman
Associate III

STM32H747-Disco, Cube IDE 1.10.1

I've designed a UI using the method of MPV a few times in the past using one processor(CM7). Now, I'm using CM4 for sd card and PWM, I can't seem to get the model.cpp to recognize TIM1 handler (htmi1). I had made a similar post previously stating that there is a problem with TIM_HandleTypeDef htim1, when placed in the model.cpp file as extern TIM_HandleTypeDef htim1. using the extern caused the file not to be able to compile.

The WHY I can't have it compile possibly has something to do with adding htim1.Instance->CCR1 = 100; to the model doesn't work either. In this particular case the PWM doesn't even start when  htim1.Instance->CCR1 = 100; is added like it does in CM4 Main.

The CM4 is based on a GUI's slider value change calling a virtual function. No problem before using CM4 oppose to CM7.

Does anyone know the reason for not being able to vary the duty cycle or using TIM_HandleTypeDef htim1 in the Model configured in CM4 main?

#include <gui/model/Model.hpp>

#include <gui/model/ModelListener.hpp>

#include "stm32h7xx_hal.h"

TIM_HandleTypeDef htim1; Why extern doesn't work?

Model::Model() : modelListener(0)

{

}

void Model::tick()

{

}

void Model:: PWM_DELTA(int value)

{

value = value * 732; //constant to allow 0-100 percent

htim1.Instance->CCR1 = value; //change dutyclycle

//ReadPWM(value);

}

1 REPLY 1
Hiram Hyman
Associate III

Once again! I did it! I'll continue further my reading on the dual core. This was my silly mistake!