cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4x7_ETH_LwIP_V1.1.0 freertos example not working !

jjackbauer7
Associate III
Posted on June 16, 2014 at 13:41

Hello,

I downloaded ''STM32F4x7_ETH_LwIP_V1.1.0'' package and I want to make ''httpserver_socket'' example working with no success.

I am getting hardfault ISR !

I want to ask if there is somebody who succeeded to make it running.

Thanks in advance for help.

PS: my hardware is working fine since one of the standalone examples is working fine.

Cheers 

#ethernet-freertos
11 REPLIES 11
Raouf Hosni
ST Employee
Posted on December 19, 2014 at 18:43

Hi Bauer,

As wrote above; this package was fully tested based on the HW/SW environment listed in the release notes.

I can see 2 possible root cause of your issue:

1. You are running on STM32F40xx/F41xx RevA and the prefetch buffer is activated: there is a limitation on RevA devices where the prefetch buffer must be turned off  => Action1: ensure that the prefetch is turned off by calling this function in mainc.c: FLASH_PrefetchBufferCmd(DISABLE);
  2. If the Action1 above doesn’t fix the issue, maybe it’s related to the fact that you are using different version of EWARM (v6.70) vs. the one used in the package validation (v6.50) => Action2: try using EWARM (v6.50).

In case the issue is still present, could you share w/ us your full project and I will need the exact revision of the STM32F40xx/F41xx and EVAL board used.

Regards,

Jasmin.

jjackbauer7
Associate III
Posted on January 12, 2015 at 18:09

Jasmin,

I have found the solution. There is a bug in the freeRTOS examples. The projects include FreeRTOS port for ARM Cortex M3 instead of ARM Cortex M4F.

You can check that. The package includes the file whose the path:

Utilities\Third_Party\FreeRTOSV7.3.0\portable\IAR\ARM_CM3

Regards,