cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F103 series bootloader PC software.

avinash_elec
Associate III
Posted on July 01, 2011 at 06:00

Hello All,

I am new to STM32F103 MCUs. I know it can boot from system area containing a factory programmer ST bootloader that uses USART1 interface. So I thought there must be a ISP utility from ST can (like the Flash Magic for NXP). I tried lots of Googling but cannot find one.

So can any one point me such an utility that can program and read a STM32F103VET6 MCU over UART1?

Thanks in advance.

(I found STVP - ST Visual Programmer but I think it does NOT support STM32 ISP)

#programming #isp #tool #bootloader #stm32f103
14 REPLIES 14
lakhe
Associate
Posted on June 26, 2013 at 09:09

Hi,

I am trying to flash stm32f103c6 custom made board via the USART1 using flash loader demonstrator. But I keep getting ''No response from the device''. I tried sending 0x7f manually through the hyperterminal and sometimes I get some response(like f7 or f3) and sometimes nothing.

Please help as its really important for me to make it work.

Posted on June 26, 2013 at 13:30

Make sure you're using 8E1 (Even Parity). If that isn't working you'll need to consider the circuitry between the STM32 USART pins and what it's connecting too. I can't make any determination with the level of information provided.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
bhcuong2008
Associate II
Posted on September 10, 2016 at 18:05

Hi Clive1,

I've had them same issue with UART IAP on STM32F3Discovery board. I use Realterm to send 0x7F, I received 0x79 as said.

But in Flash Loader Demonstrator v2.8, it always says ''Unrecognized device...Please, reset your device then try again'' after I press Reset button. When I press Next, it says ''No response from the target...''

How to solve this?

I google, and many people faced this issue.

Thank you.

Posted on September 12, 2016 at 21:41

How to solve this?

I'd debug it at the protocol level, based on the documentation. Send some other commands to the device to gauge what is going on. I can't trouble-shoot with the information provided, review also the thread here.

What baud rate and settings are you using? How is it wired up?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
slimen
Senior
Posted on September 14, 2016 at 13:00

Hi bui.cuong,

Following Possible errors messages in the

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/f4/9c/27/a5/fa/ca/4d/7e/CD00171488.pdf/files/CD00171488.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00171488.pdf

“No response from the target� indicates that the System memory boot loader is not functional and there is no response from the target.

You should verify the boot configuration and check that the used microcontroller contains the boot loader code.

Regards