cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding of stm32f070c6t6 boot loader.

RKUMA.2
Associate II

Hello,

I am working on the stm32f070c6t6 controller, i just want to use this controller at replacement of Arduino. Arduino has the boot loader code, on that we will write our regular code as function specific code. same thing i want to do this by using the stm32f070c6t6 controller, I don't know whether it is possible or not , if possible please tell me the procedure, how the way we can do it. (on Arduino initially boot load with boot loader code then after we will write the specific function code using Arduino IDE and programming it, same thing i want to do it on the stm32f070c6t6 controller.if anyone have any idea please give me suggestions to doing it.). Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

The STM32 has a built-in bootloader that cannot be erased.

Not many people here use Arduino IDE, might have better luck on an Arduino forum.

Most people write a program in STM32CubeIDE (or equivalent) and upload it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

The STM32 has a built-in bootloader that cannot be erased.

Not many people here use Arduino IDE, might have better luck on an Arduino forum.

Most people write a program in STM32CubeIDE (or equivalent) and upload it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Javier1
Principal

First you need to download the arduino packages for that st board.(if its supported)

Then once youre able to compile the code succesfully:

If my memory doesnt fail me you wont need to flash any pesky usb bootloader in your st board if youre using the STLINK with the SWD terminals.

Arduino bootloader normally uses the USB to flash your arduino IDE compiled firmware.

But there is also am option "flash using SWD" in which you use the swdio pins

(bluepill stm32f103 example)

0693W00000JMiOMQA1.pngconnected to an stlink flasher, the stlink could be from a nucleo/discovery board or bought standalone from ST.

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk