cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming STM32H747AI

balogandrej9184
Associate II

Hello,

I am currently designing a board with STM32H747AI MCU. May I ask how it is possible to run the RTOS on it and then program it via USB-C without using special internal components such as ST-Link MCU in order to save as much space as possible? Does the same process also apply to the STM32MP157C MPU?

Thank you very much.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @balogandrej9184 

You can add RTOS using CubeMX (go to the middleware and select the RTOS middleware(Azure RTOS , Free RTOS) you want to use. 

Than for the USB programming, you can use the Cube programmer. This video may help you. 

This is for th MCU part. I don't have clear informations about MPU.

Best regards.

II

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @balogandrej9184 

You can add RTOS using CubeMX (go to the middleware and select the RTOS middleware(Azure RTOS , Free RTOS) you want to use. 

Than for the USB programming, you can use the Cube programmer. This video may help you. 

This is for th MCU part. I don't have clear informations about MPU.

Best regards.

II

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @balogandrej9184 ,

I can answer for STM32MP157C MPU. 

Indeed STM32MP1x needs external flash memory programmable by serial USB or UART. Refer to stm32mpu 

While STM32MP15 is only provided with Linux ecosystem, the STM32MP13 will soon support RTOS with Microsoft Azure RTOS pre-integrated.

For further questions please open a new post in STM32 MPU products - STMicroelectronics Community

Olivier 

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Perfect, thank you very much.

Operating system kernel, which support the particular CPU core, can run on it regardless of whether some manufacturer "supports" it. Therefore, as, for example, FreeRTOS supports both Cortex-M4 and Cortex-A7 cores out of the box, it can run on any core of the STM32MP157C regardless of ST's support.

With BOOT0=HIGH it should boot into the System ROM and provide a device "STM32 Boot Device" which implements USB DFU mode, and connectivity via USB in STM32 Cube Programmer.

You can also write your own code, or review USB-DFU Device examples, to facilitate programming / update in a manner of your choosing / creation.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..