cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-H743ZI2 and LWIP

MViti.11
Associate

Hi everyone,

I'm new wotking with the H7 and I got stuck on a trivial issue. I generated some code for the NUCLEO-H743ZI2 together with freeRTOS and LWIP. As exercise, I extended only a bit the code just waiting for telnet connection to send a simple string. Everything works except telnet cannot connect....(the program creats a socket and is listening....)

Maybe I'm missing something trivial. I attach the project

thanks a lot for the help

2 REPLIES 2
Piranha
Chief II

You are missing the "trivial" fact, that with ST's code networking is virtually impossible, especially on H7. Fixing their code requires more effort than writing normal ETH driver and integrating lwIP on your own.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BOtfhnSQB/how-to-make-ethernet-and-lwip-working-on-stm32

MViti.11
Associate

First of all, thanks for the answer:)

in the meantime I could already find some issues in the generated code. The descriptor lists and buffer are defined in their own section

ETH_DMADescTypeDef DMARxDscrTab[ETH_RX_DESC_CNT] __attribute__((section(".RxDecripSection"))); /* Ethernet Rx DMA Descriptors */

ETH_DMADescTypeDef DMATxDscrTab[ETH_TX_DESC_CNT] __attribute__((section(".TxDecripSection")));  /* Ethernet Tx DMA Descriptors */

uint8_t Rx_Buff[ETH_RX_DESC_CNT][ETH_RX_BUFFER_SIZE] __attribute__((section(".RxArraySection"))); /* Ethernet Receive Buffers */

But I could not find these sections anywhere in the .ld linker file