cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to enter into UART bootloader mode

arjun.binu
Associate III

To perform firmware upgrade through UART, we had tried to put the MCU into bootloader mode by following sequence

a) NRST pin set to LOW and BOOT0 pin to HIGH to select System memory

b) NRST pin set to HIGH to boot into bootloader

To accomplish this, we have attempted in the following order and still were not successful:

1) BOOT0 and NRST are signalled manually

2) BOOT0 NRST signalled using ESP32 controller

3) Using the FTDI module, connect the BOOT0 pin to DTR and the NRST pin to RTS. Signalling using FTDI module itself.

4) Added the additional pull ups in UART Tx,Rx as suggested in the data sheet

0693W00000YAQwgQAH.png 

Please let me know what went wrong with the signalling portion. Your assistance and backing are much appreciated.

MCU used is STM32G030F6P6

6 REPLIES 6
MM..1
Chief II

You cant use any RX TX pins read AN2606, what STM ???

arjun.binu
Associate III

@MM..1​  We have used USART2 Rx and Tx in STM32G030F6P6.

For USART2 you only can use PA2 PA3 and

0693W00000YAWELQA5.png

@MM..1​ 

We have used PA2 and PA3 and followed the signalling sequence to do pattern 11

a) NRST pin set to LOW and BOOT0 pin to HIGH to select System memory

b) NRST pin set to HIGH to boot into bootloader

Is the above mentioned sequence correct? Please let me know if there is anything wrong with the sequence/pattern

No. All conditions in table line must meet. For you line 1 or 2. Line 1 don’t require external pin .
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @arjun.binu​,

As already answer by @MM..1​, the STM32G030 bootloader is configurated by pattern 11.

I advise you, when you configured the bootloader, to refer at this AN2606 "STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode" and get inspired form the steps described in this MOOC "STM32 boot and startup tips - 2 Embedded bootloader investigations".

I hope this help you!!

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.