cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import a thread project into a project to have only the necessary files.

Cadixal
Associate

Hello,

I've recently been using Thread application examples like "Thread_FTD_Coap_Multicast", but when I tried adding other features such as ADC, I encountered errors due to redundancy caused by too many files.

I'm wondering how to start a new clean project with STM32CubeMX and then incorporate the Thread protocol afterwards.

Have you ever done this? If so, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @Cadixal,

To create a new project dedicated for a Thread application you can use either STM32CubeMX tool or STM32CubeIDE both allowing an advanced configuration with integrated GUI feature. To set up a Thread project you have to follow the steps below :

1. Activate HSEM
  2. Activate IPCC
  3. Activate RCC
  4. Activate RF ( Under Connectivity)
  5. Activate USART1 or LPUART
  6. Under Middleware ->STM32_WPAN-> Check THREAD and set up the configuration as follow :
    Ouadi_1-1707936294556.png
  7. Set up the Clock configuration
  8. Set up project configuration under Project Manager by choosing the toolchain IDE -> STM32CubeIDE
  9. Generate the project and verify the project setting to be sure that all source path are included as follow :Ouadi_3-1707936599295.png

You have now a clean project that includes Thread APIs ready to be used for your own application.

Best regards,

Ouadi

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ouadi
ST Employee

Hello @Cadixal,

To create a new project dedicated for a Thread application you can use either STM32CubeMX tool or STM32CubeIDE both allowing an advanced configuration with integrated GUI feature. To set up a Thread project you have to follow the steps below :

1. Activate HSEM
  2. Activate IPCC
  3. Activate RCC
  4. Activate RF ( Under Connectivity)
  5. Activate USART1 or LPUART
  6. Under Middleware ->STM32_WPAN-> Check THREAD and set up the configuration as follow :
    Ouadi_1-1707936294556.png
  7. Set up the Clock configuration
  8. Set up project configuration under Project Manager by choosing the toolchain IDE -> STM32CubeIDE
  9. Generate the project and verify the project setting to be sure that all source path are included as follow :Ouadi_3-1707936599295.png

You have now a clean project that includes Thread APIs ready to be used for your own application.

Best regards,

Ouadi