cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does one install en.stm32cubeh7_v1-8-0 Software?

ACole.1
Associate II

File downloaded, and appears to have unzipped fine.

No obvious Executable File is present, to install on Windows 10.

UM2204 "Getting started with STM32CubeH7 for STM32H7 Series" does not mention Installation, which would be really helpful, for getting started...

8 REPLIES 8

In CubeMX you'd use the manual install from file. Install "From Local"

If you just need to build examples with Keil or IAR, you can simply unpack the archive.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ACole.1
Associate II

Thanks Clive, but I don't see CubeMX.

In UM2204 "Getting started with STM32CubeH7 for STM32H7 Series", the Directory Structure of the Zip is shown on Page 11, Section 3.2, "MCU Package overview".

Is there something else that needs to be installed? I intend to use a STM32H755 Nucleo-144 Board.

This is a sub-package, CubeMX / CubeIDE pulls these packages into it's repository, you need to install one of those.

There are no executables for tools in these archives, but project files loadable by CubeMX, Keil, IAR, etc

There are subdirectories with projects for the H755-NUCLEO, basically templates and examples.

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q (755 is the Crypt/Hash version)

ACole.1
Associate II

Thanks again, Clive

Found and downloaded STM32CubeIDE. Coming from Microchip 16 & 32 DSCs/MCUs, using just Compiler, and an IDE. Eclipse/GCC based too, simple install.

Bare-metal start-up of these; not used to having PLL & Ports initialization coded for me! At least I had to learn how they worked, though.

This STM32H755 MCU is something else. Employer (to be) is migrating PowerPC to ARM. STM's big.LITTLE Cortex-M7 and M4 looks really impressive!

Well some of these H7 running 400, 480 or 550 MHz without burning your fingers when you touch them is definitely something.

The H7 has the double-precision FPU, not got the functionality of the 80x87 or 6888x ICs, but certainly capable of some interesting applications.

Without changing any settings the H7's will clock at 64 MHz from the internal HSI

ACole.1
Associate II

I do have a clean build, with the faster (~24MHz) Clock enabled. Don't know if it is there on Nucleo, but enable was allowed!

The M7 is impressive, longest Pipeline (6 Stages). Need SIMD capability on single precision floats, ahead of Cortex-M55 availability,

with Helium (4 Stage Pipeline). I doubt M55 will have super-scaler, but might draw less Power (possible wash on performance?).

No-one else is running Cortex-M as fast as STM. Expertise in Bristol, UK, since the Inmos Transputer, at least.

Did Radar Signal Processing Vector Math (SAL) on PowerPC. Might get to 'port.

Thales? Went to school with a couple of Marconi guys, one who did some over-the-horizon stuff in Australia

I'm working with some IC's clocking the CM3 at 384 MHz on current TSMC processes.

ACole.1
Associate II

No, it was with STM at Aztec West Industrial Estate, Bristol. Was writing Drivers for 50MHz Transputer based Processors, late 1990s. Went into TV Set Top Boxes.

I snagged one of their Wafers. Looks like a Golden Record, mounted in a Photo Frame!

TSMC are starting to kill the x86 Market over Intel Gen 11 now, with ZEN3. AMD hardly touched the ZEN2 CPU Core, mostly Fabric improvements. ZEN4 will be something else, if it works.

You Guys are doing some really fun stuff!