cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get information of a hardfault tracking with disassembly view on CubeIDE like this?

genisuvi
Associate III

I was debugging an application that works fine for hours. Suddenly it uses to enter in a hard fault error. I talked too much about the application but I would like to focus the post on how to trace some hard fault thas has been occurred. It doesn't uses RTOS, it uses HAL and Lwip stacks.

I put a breakpoint on hardault handler.

And the I see the next windows and tags:
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDKIWQA4.png 

How should I read this graphical information?

My guess:

At left corner it is saiying me that hardfault is happening when it was executing time_update() function.

But 3 kind of adress are appearing there: 0x2001ff88, 0x8000d78 and 0xfffffff1

These addresses are a related address that disassembly shows me at right corner. But I don't know if there is any usefull information for me.

What does it mean the 3 address? Which relation with hardfault event?

Which is the link between hardfault and movs r0, r0 assembly instructions?

2 REPLIES 2

The 0xFFFFFFFx return addresses are a call-gate, ie cause special case return from interrupt or system handler.

Check stack for what's pushed there in terms of CPU context

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks, Tesla. That's what would like to do but I don't know how to do this, so I'm answering here for this. Could you tell me if I'm wrong, please?

• According to the shared screen, looking at the stack I see time_update() function.
  • And on the above line I can see a 0x2001ff88 printed value.

Is it time_update what is pushed there?

What is the line with 0x2001ff88 value? is it an important log print?

NOTE1: the application doesn't implements any interruption. It has the system interruption and the systick_handler for HAL tick system.

NOTE2: time_update is a simple tick counter that is called every systick. It increments its value when tick = 500.

Thanks in advance.